Thursday, February 4, 2010

Don't you just hate keeping a false front to keep peace with family?

My mom's in town ....Don't you just hate keeping a false front to keep peace with family?
Wow.. that's so sad! Your family is the one social group that you should have the ability to be genuine around... it's so sad that people put the ones they love in a position where they have to be fake. Good luck, sweetie.Don't you just hate keeping a false front to keep peace with family?
Yes but I rather to have patience than get in a confrontation. If your mom is not staying that long in town just try to keep it cool.





Good luck!
Yes. I hate my sister in law and so does everyone else in my family but when she's around everyone's acting like all nice. I just want to gag! Because I'm the only one with enough guts to show her how I really feel
Oh my goodness yes,





I just posted a question on how to deal with annoying relatives and in laws. My Mom is controlling and opinionated. I think it really helps to live far away from them. I try to be the best daughter I can when she visits. She may end up living with us as she ages, I just think it would be best if she come when my kids are all out of the house. Because I sure don't want her using her parenting techniques on my son. Just try to be nice and remember she will not be around forever.
oh, wow. have i been there.





Just keep telling yourself that you don't have to participate in the drama. ( it will be easier on your self esteem than agreeing with loony things.)
i feel your pain!!!
yeah, I have been doing it for quite some time now
I don't keep a false front with my family, and can not have respect for anyone that does. I have too much integrity to deceive like that. I don't agree with certain family members on many subjects, and I let them know this. Sure, this can cause friction at times, but that's part of living an honest life. If your mother is so narrow-minded and controlling (which is the only reason I can think of that one would be compelled to lie about themselves in her presence), then why would you want her to be around? Tell her who you are and let her know that she can either accept this or she can remove herself from your life.
it's not fun but if you can stay calm and not sacrifice your principles keep the peace for a while. if it gets to crazy just leave.
Say it like it is, she is old enough to hear from you as an adult


if she guilt trips you that is her problem, I finally said it all and got a lot more respect.


Fed up with walking on eggs.
aWw. I'm sorry.
If you are doing something that you know she wouldn't approve of then maybe you should reconsider what you're doing. Mother's usually love their children and want the best for them.
what else can you do when you know that you've no choice
  • antispam
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment